"Process Failed: Folder Capture" message in PlanetPress
The message "Process Failed: Folder Capture" means that the file may still be open or in use by another user, or a security scan may be accessing the file.
Products affected: PlanetPress®
The message "Process Failed: Folder Capture" appears.
The file may still be open or may be in use by another user, or a security scan may be accessing the file at the same time as PlanetPress.
- Make sure that the file is closed and try again.
- If the issue recurs when the file is closed, or if the issue occurs randomly, check if a security scan (such as a virus scanner) is causing the issue:
- In Windows Explorer, go to C:\ProgramData\Objectif Lune\PlanetPress Workflow 8\PlanetPress Watch\Log.
- Open the log file ppw*.log with the same date as the error date.
- Search for the text A call to an OS function failed.
- If the text is found, exclude the following folders from security scan applications:
- C:\pbCCMData (This path can be on a different drive)
- C:\pbCCMExec (This path can be on a different drive)
- C:\ProgramData\Objectif Lune
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Objectif Lune
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Objectif Lune
- C:\Program Files\Objectif Lune
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: November 16, 2022