Running mail with different shapes and weights on the SendPro MailCenter
For some classes of service, the Post Office bases the price of the mailpiece on both the weight and the shape of the item. Systems equipped with Weigh-On-The-Way® (WOW®)/Shape Based Rating can weigh and measure the mailpiece as it moves through the system when a class that requires it is selectedShape Based Rating class is selected.
- Open the appropriate job.
- Set or verify that the weighing method is set to WEIGH-ON-THE-WAY® (W-O-W®).
- Select Class in the Mail Information list box and select the option for Auto W-O-W® and D-O-W®Shape Based Rating. Select any other services required from the Extra services list box on the right of the screen.
- Select OK.
- Place the mail in the feeder.
- Select Start to begin running mail.
The mailpiece feeds into the mailing system and gets weighed. As it moves through the system, the thickness, length, and width of the envelope get measured. Depending on the weight and measurements, the appropriate postage rate gets selected and the postage is calculated.
If an item's postage cannot be calculated because of its weight or dimension, use the attached scale method and manually select the appropriate class.
For a detailed description of postal services, see the USPS website.
UPDATED: December 02, 2022