Sending mail using Electronic Return Receipt (ERR) on the SendPro MailCenter
Tracking services are available when you use the Attached Scale or Manual Weight entry method. The following steps are based on using Priority class and the Electronic Certified service with Electronic Return Receipt.
In order to use ERR, you must submit Form 5053, Bulk Proof of Delivery to the USPS. You will then be provided with a 9-digit USPS Mailer ID which you will need when using ERR.
- Place the mailpiece on the scale.
- Select Class from the Mail Information list on the left side of the screen.
- Select the class from the Class services list box, in this example, Priority Mail Retail.
- Select the mailpiece type, in this example, Envelope or package.
- You are prompted to type in the Destination ZIP or Zone code. Type in the ZIP code and then select This is a ZIP.
- Select the Electronic Certified special service from the Extra services list on the right. As soon as you select the service, a check mark appears in front of it and you are prompted to type in the tracking number.
- If this is the first time you are entering a confirmation service, the field for the tracking number is blank and you need to type in the entire number. If you have a barcode scanner, you can scan the number.
- If you have used all of the labels in a series of tracking number labels, make sure you start with the top label with the lowest last 4-digits and not the bottom label with the highest last 4-digits.
- If you have used the confirmation service before, the next tracking number (in the series of tracking number labels) appears, minus the last digit. You will be prompted to type in the last digit of the tracking number that is to be used on the mailpiece.
- If you have enabled tracking services prompts, the envelope that displays on the Run Mail screen refreshes once you type in the tracking number showing where you should place the tracking number label. Apply the tracking label and select Next.
- Select Electronic Return Receipt from the Extra services list.
Note: The device will prompt for you to enter your 9-digit USPS® mailer ID and Customer Reference number if they were not entered previously.
- Select OK to confirm the class and service.
- Select the Tape key to print a tape or to print postage on an envelope, select the Start button. If you have Accounting on your system, ensure you have selected an account for this job or you will not be able to print a tape or envelope.
- The system will ask you if you want to track another mailpiece. It also provides you with the option of automatically printing a receipt after every mailpiece.
- Once the job is complete, you are prompted to upload your records. It is recommended that you upload all your records after every job.
UPDATED: June 16, 2023