Poor print quality on the PitneyShip Cube
Learn how to resolve poor print quality on the PitneyShip Cube.
Products Affected: PitneyShip™ Cube
The print quality is poor when printing labels or stamps using the PitneyShip Cube. This may include faded text, unreadable bar codes, or streaks through text and graphics.
The label roll cover may be open, or the printhead needs cleaning.
If you have printing issues, try these solutions in order.
Solution 1: Close the label roll cover
Ensure that the label roll cover is closed tightly. Firmly press down on each corner of the cover.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 2.
Solution 2: Clean the printhead
- Check for any debris or label material on the rollers and printhead and remove it.
- Turn off the printer using the power button and unplug the printer.
- Open the label roll cover. Wait a few minutes for the printhead to cool off.
- Remove any installed media. Using a cotton swab moistened, not soaked, with isopropyl alcohol, thoroughly clean the printhead.
- Reinstall the media.
- Close the label roll cover.
- Plug in the printer.
- Using the power button, turn on the printer.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: February 21, 2023