Receiving a pouch from the desktop in PitneyTrack Inbound
When you receive packages, you can put them into a pouch for delivery.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- From the Receiving menu, select Pouch under Receive.
- In the Pouch ID field, scan the pouch barcode, enter the pouch tracking number manually, or click + to generate a unique tracking number for the pouch.
- In the Tracking Number field, scan the first package's carrier barcode, enter the tracking number manually, or click + to generate a unique tracking number. All available package information is automatically filled in.
Note: If you want to generate tracking numbers for multiple packages in the pouch at the same time, see:
- The Carrier should be filled in automatically. If not, select the Carrier field and select the carrier.
- Based on the barcode scanned, the Sender may be filled in. If not, select the Sender field and start typing the name, then select the sender from the list. If the sender is not in the list, select the + to add them to your contacts.
- Based on the barcode scanned, the Recipient field may be filled in. If not, select the Recipient field and start typing the name, then select the recipient from the list. If the recipient is not in the list, select the + to add them to your contacts.
- The Status field defaults to Received. Select the drop-down arrow to change if needed.
- Select the Package Location field and select the location. As you select each level - Site, Building, Floor, and Mailstop - the next level appears automatically.
- To add more packages to the pouch, repeat step 3.
- To apply the Sender and Recipient information to all packages in the pouch, select the Autofill Pouch Details to all packages button.
- To edit individual package details, select the edit icon next to that package.
- To remove a package from the pouch, select the x next to that package.
- Under Email Options, choose how to send the email notifications:
- Send one email to the recipient for all packages or
- Send individual email for each package
- Select Save or Save & Print.
UPDATED: January 11, 2024