Setting up a DHL Express account in PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise
In order to add the DHL Express carrier to PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise, you need to:
- Create a DHL Express account if you do not already have one.
- Create a DHL API Developer account.
- Sign in to the DHL API developer portal and submit an onboarding request, (details below) then wait for it to be processed by DHL.
- Get your API Key and API Secret from the DHL API developer portal.
- Add your DHL Express account to (details below).
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Submitting an onboarding request to DHL
- Adding your DHL Express account to PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise
- To submit an onboarding request to DHL, visit the DHL developer portal website.
- Choose I require credentials to DHL Express – MyDHL API for an existing plugin/ecommerce platform/third-party solution and enter PitneyShip in the field provided.
- Under Requested Services, select Rating and Shipment.
- Do not select "I already have access/credentials for MyDHL API or XMLPI."
Once DHL has processed your onboarding request and you have the API Key and API Secret, you can add the account to PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise.
- Select Settings > Carriers.
- Select Add Carrier.
- In the Carrier Display Name field, enter a name for the account.
- From the Select Carrier menu, select DHL Express.
- Under Access Level, select which divisions and locations will have access to this account:
- Enterprise: All divisions and locations
- Division: Select the desired divisions
- Location: Select the desired locations
- In the DHL Account Number field, enter your DHL Express account number.
- (Optional) Enter a nickname for this account in the DHL Account Nickname field.
- In the API Key field, enter your DHL Express API Key from the DHL API Developer Portal.
- In the API Secret field, enter your DHL Express API Secret from the DHL API Developer Portal.
- Select I Accept DHL Express Technology Agreement.
- Select the Add Carrier button.
UPDATED: November 13, 2023