Adding surcharges to shipments in PitneyShip Pro or PitneyShip Enterprise
You can add surcharges to shipments to add percentage-based or flat fees to shipments, such as handling fees, processing fees, warehouse charges, etc. One Handling Charge and one User Charge can be added for each carrier account.
Surcharges can be applied to all shipping labels except those printed from the Ship Orders screen. Surcharges can be removed for individual shipments as needed before printing the label.
- Go to Settings > Additional Sucharges.
- Select Create New Additional Sucharge.
- Select whether this surcharge is for the Enterprise, or for specific Divisions or Locations. If you select Division or Location, select the desired divisions or locations from the list.
- Select the carrier account from the Carrier menu. Surcharges must be set up separately for each carrier account.
- From the Type of Charge menu, select whether the surcharge is a Handling Charge or a User Charge. Only one Handling Charge and one User Charge can be added for each carrier account.
- From the Factors menu, select the type of charge:
- Base Charge (%): A percentage of the carrier's base service charge, excluding any extra services
- Total Shipping Charge (%): A percentage of the carrier's service charge including the extra services, such as COD or Insurance
- Flat Fee: A fixed amount
- Enter the amount of the charge in the Value field.
- Select Save.
UPDATED: November 10, 2023