New USPS Ground Advantage service for SendSuite Xpress or Ascent
Effective July 9, 2023, the USPS is replacing the existing First-Class Package Service category with USPS Ground Advantage™.
New USPS Ground Advantage service
- Will incorporate USPS Retail Ground and Parcel Select® Ground.
- Will feature two-to-five day service standards for packages up to 70 pounds.
- Will maintain ounce-based pricing up to 15.999 ounces.
- The ounce-based prices align with the current First-Class Commercial Package prices.
- The USPS will continue to offer Parcel Select Destination Entry and Lightweight.
USPS Ground Advantage features
- 3 main price levels
- Cubic prices (Limited Overland Routes (LOR) pricing is also available for eligible intra-Alaska Zip Codes)
- Ounce-based pricing up to 15.999 ounces and then price by pound up to 70 pounds.
- $100 insurance included for both retail and commercial customers, USPS Ground Advantage outbound and return parcels.
- Package forwarding and return to sender endorsements will be included for the USPS Ground Advantage product offering.
- Free package pickup on the carrier’s route.
For more information and to discuss Ground Advantage for Business with a USPS Representative, please visit USPS Ground Advantage.
UPDATED: September 13, 2023