"Incorrect label roll type detected" message when printing stamps on the PitneyShip Cube
When trying to print stamps using a PitneyShip Cube, the message "Incorrect label roll type detected" appears.
The roll of labels may not be properly installed, DeviceHub may need to be restarted, or the wrong roll of labels may be installed in the PitneyShip Cube.
- Solution 1: Make sure the correct label roll is installed
- Solution 2: Verify that the roll is installed correctly
- Solution 3: Restart DeviceHub
Make sure that the correct label roll is installed in the PitneyShip Cube. In order to print stamps using the PitneyShip Cube, roll number SL-CB164 must be used.
- Open the label roll cover on the PitneyShip Cube.
- Make sure that the protective tape has been removed from the roll.
- Feed the label roll over the top of the black roller and out through the slot. Do not feed the label roll under the black roller. This will cause the roll to jam.
- Close the cover.
- A small piece of label should feed and cut if installed correctly, and the power button light should turn white.
- Once the roll is correctly installed, see Solution 3.
- Find the DeviceHub icon in Windows system tray (small icons near the clock) or Macs OS menu bar. Right-click on the DH (DeviceHub) icon and select Exit.
- Once DeviceHub is no longer running, find DeviceHub in your Programs list and restart it.
- When DeviceHub is online again, go back to PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro and select Settings > My Devices.
- Select Activate DeviceHub.
- If successful, a new browser tab window will open with a "DeviceHub registered successfully!" message.
- Try printing stamps again on your PitneyShip Cube.
UPDATED: November 28, 2023