Returning your SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+
Follow these instructions to return your SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+ to Pitney Bowes.
- Before you begin
- Print a Funds report
- Withdraw postage funds
- Disassemble the device
- Pack the device for shipment
- If you have not already arranged the return of your device with Pitney Bowes, please chat with us.
- Postage Meter Return is mandatory. Please follow the prepaid shipping instructions to return the device. Following these steps will avoid the $1000 fee for failure to return your device.
It is necessary to restore any remaining funds in your Print on Envelopes app to your PB Postage account.
- Tap Print on Envelopes on the Home screen.
- Tap the piece count in the upper right.
- Tap Print Report.
- Tap SendPro C Envelope Printer.
- Insert an envelope or tape sheet into the device.
- Tap the back arrow to return to the Print on Envelopes app.
- This step is only for withdrawing postage funds. If you use your device for creating shipping labels, funds are stored in the cloud. These can be used if you are using a new or replacement device.
- If you are cancelling your contract and you need to remove funds from your shipping account, please chat with us.
- Once you transfer all postage funds from your device back to your original funding source, the device will be deactivated. You can then download funds to a new device or apply for a refund.
- The withdraw device button is disabled (greyed out) if the ink cartridge is not present. If the ink cartridge is not present, install it before taking the device out of service.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced Device Options and tap Withdraw device.
- If necessary, enter the four digit password 6184 and tap the green check mark.
- Tap Yes I'm sure to transfer all funds from the device. The device connects with the Data Center and advises you of the status.
- Tap Done or Print Refund Report when Postage Transferred appears. If you are unable to withdraw your remaining funds, then proceed to Step 5. Pitney Bowes will transfer your postage funds into your PB Postage account within 6-10 days of receiving your device.
- Ensure you remove the ink cartridge before removing power to the device.
Important: Keep the device plugged in during this step.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Envelope Printer Maintenance.
- Tap Install Ink.
- Open the top cover.
- Open the ink door and remove the ink cartridge.
Important: Ink may stain skin or permanently damage clothing. Use the gloves included for your convenience.
- Close the ink door and close the top cover.
- Wait five seconds and then disconnect the power, LAN and USB cables from the back of your device.
- Re-open the device’s top cover. Separately crumple the two folded cloths provided in the kit and insert them, on top of each other, in front of the printer mechanism.
- If your device has a scale or scale cover, remove it now by lifting it straight up and off.
- Remove the moistener reservoir by removing the three thumbscrews from the bottom of the reservoir. Hold and remove the reservoir straight in order not to spill the sealing solution. Drain the reservoir completely. Attach the empty reservoir back with the thumbscrews.
- Moistener reservoir.
- Drain reservoir.
If you are using the stacker tray, slide that away from the device.
- Pull the ink drawer out from the side of the device.
- Remove the ink tray and dispose in the bag provided.
- Place the empty drawer back into the device.
Everything you need to return your device is included in the white box that your replacement device arrived in.
- Place the device inside the plastic bag provided.
- Place the device in the white box.
- If your replacement device came with a new scale, please use the new scale and return the original scale. Otherwise, keep using the original scale with the replacement device.
- Insert the foam sheet between the scale platter and base.
- Place the protective foam pieces onto the sides of the scale and insert into the scale box that contained the new scale.
- Device in plastic bag.
- Foam sheet.
- Side foam piece.
- Important: The below list of items should not be returned. Use these items with a replacement meter or properly discard these electronic items according to your local/state/federal codes/regulations.
- Power cord.
- USB cable.
- LAN cable.
- Ink cartridge.
- Stacker tray.
- Seal the top of the carton with the tape provided. Apply a prepaid UPS shipping label to the box over the old shipping labels and return via your local UPS agent or drop off location.
- Keep the customer portion of the prepaid shipping label so you can track your shipment.
UPDATED: January 29, 2024