The USPS Zone Charts Matrix helps you apply the proper postage rates to a mail piece.
Postage rates for zoned mail are calculated based on:
- mail piece weight and
- the distance the mail piece travels
The matrix determines the distance that a mail piece travels based on the first three digits of:
- the ZIP Code™ you are mailing from (origination) and
- the ZIP Code you are mailing to (destination)
Follow these steps to find your Zone:
- Identify the ZIP Code your mail piece gets mailed from (origination point)
- Identify the ZIP Code your mail piece is going to (destination point)
- Select the Get Zone for ZIP Code Pair tab on the Domestic Zone Chart page.
- Enter your origination and destination ZIP Codes.
- Click Submit.
- Note your Zone.
See the USPS Price List to find your postage rates for your mail piece when using Zone Charts.
Important: These are USPS resources. For questions or assistance, contact the USPS or your local Post Office.
- National Zone Charts Matrix
- Look Up a ZIP Code
- USPS Business Price Calculator
- Print a Rate Chart - USPS Summary of Rates & Pricing - January 2019
UPDATED: February 25, 2019