Do you need a postage refund - or - a credit on your balance, supplies or Purchase Power® account(s)?
Depending on the scenario and your method of payment, you may receive a credit to your account or a refund check will be sent to you (if appropriate).
Select from these common reasons for needing a refund or credit for detailed information:
- Refunds for misprinted or printed and unused postage
- Reducing a credit balance or retrieving an overpayment
- Returning Supplies purchased from our online Shop
- Returning supplies acquired through Purchase Power®
- Accidentally overfilling a postage meter
- Bankruptcies, receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors (only)
- Managing funds when returning, replacing or upgrading your equipment
- Requesting a USPS shipping label refund in SendPro Online | PitneyShip™
- Requesting a USPS stamp refund in SendPro Online | PitneyShip™
NOTE: When returning and replacing a meter, a refund request may not be required. You can transfer funds back to your postage account from a meter that you plan to return; then access those funds to use with another Pitney Bowes meter on your account.
If the reason for your refund request is specific to postage or Purchase Power Credits, you may fill out and submit the Refund Request Form.
Once your refund request has been processed, a confirmation number is sent to you via email if you fill in the optional email field on the Refund Request Form. If your request has been rejected or needs further attention, Pitney Bowes will alert you via the same email address. Remember: Include your email address on this form.
When more than one meter is associated with your postage account and you are requesting a refund, be sure to retrieve the EXACT amount you require. Depleting your postage account of all funds will affect other mailing operations within your company.
Tips & Notes
- Refunds typically take two weeks to process and will be sent to the address on file with Pitney Bowes.
- Be sure to cancel your Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Schedule Pay/Automatic Clearing House (ACH) payments if you will no longer be using your postage account.
- Free postage sent via coupons or other means is nonrefundable.
UPDATED: April 25, 2022