Ensure you feed envelopes correctly to help prevent feeding problems.
- For your first envelope, hold the far edge of the envelope against the back wall of the feeder.
- Slide the envelope into the feeder until you feel it touch the rollers. You will hear the feeder motor begin. Do not release the envelope until the feeder grabs it to pull it through the device.
- You will hear the feeder motor continue to run for about 5 seconds once it prints postage on the envelope.
- Continue to feed envelopes one at a time. Make sure you press the edge of each envelope against the back wall of the feeder and into the feeder until it touches the rollers.
- Make sure the envelopes fully exit the feeder and do not pile up on the edge of the feeder.
- If you are using a stacker, you may need to extend the stacker tray so that the envelopes exit the feeder completely.
Hold the envelope against the back wall to avoid skews
If you don't hold the envelope against the back wall it can feed in crooked or skewed. A skewed envelope can either exit the machine with no postage applied or cause a jam. The message Clear Paper Jam appears. This could deduct funds. Even a minor skew that may be difficult to see can cause a jam.
To prevent envelopes feeding problems:
- Using a can of non-flammable compressed air, blow on the feed deck on the left side and work toward the transport deck on the right side. Make sure and remove all the dust and debris.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us
options below.Related topics
UPDATED: February 12, 2021