Ensure you feed envelopes correctly to help prevent feeding problems.
- For your first envelope, hold the far edge of the envelope against the back wall of the feeder.
- Slide the envelope into the feeder until you feel it touch the rollers. You hear the motor begin. Do not release the envelope until the feeder grabs it to pull it through the device.
- You hear the motor continue to run for about 5 seconds once it prints postage on the envelope.
- Continue to insert envelopes one at a time. Make sure you press the edge of each envelope against the back wall of the feeder and into the feeder until it touches the rollers.
- Make sure the envelopes fully exit the feeder and do not pile up on the edge of the feeder.
- If you are using a stacker, you may need to extend the stacker tray so that the envelopes exit the feeder completely.
Hold the envelope against the back wall to avoid skews
If you don't hold the envelope against the back wall it can skew. A skewed envelope can either exit the device with no postage applied or cause a jam. The message Clear Paper Jam appears. This could deduct funds. Even a minor skew that may be difficult to see can cause a jam.
Cleaning the feeder
Using a can of non-flammable compressed air, blow on the feed deck on the left side and work toward the transport deck on the right side of the device. Make sure to remove all the dust and debris.
UPDATED: 12 October 2021