Preparing and correctly feeding mailpieces on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
Learn how to prepare and correctly feed mailpieces on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
If your franking machine has WEIGH-ON-THE-WAY® (W-O-W®) (Connect+ 500W, Connect+ 2000, SendPro P2000 or Connect+® 3000, SendPro P3000), you do not need to sort your mail. Simply place the larger pieces on the bottom of the stack on the feeder. If your mail pieces are sealed, fan them to make sure they are not stuck together as a result of previous processing.
If your franking machine does not have WEIGH-ON-THE-WAY (W-O-W):
- Sort the mail by envelope size.
Shingle envelopes (slant the stack as shown) so the bottom envelope feeds first. All envelopes in a single stack should be the same size.
- Place the stack of mail on the feed deck. Place the envelopes with the flaps down and against the rear wall.
- Make sure the envelopes are pushed far enough so that they cover the feed sensor located on the feed deck near the rear wall.
- Adjust the side guide so it is close to, but not touching, the bottom edge of the envelope stack. Be sure and leave a slight clearance between the side guide and envelopes (about 1.6 mm clearance).
- Use the thickness adjustment knob to adjust for envelope thickness.
- For large stacks of thin mail, such as single inserts or post cards, the thin mail setting may be needed for better performance.
- To pick a setting, turn the knob so the setting aligns with the pointer nearby.
UPDATED: 02 June 2021