"Insert Memory Stick" and "External Memory Not Responding" error messages on the DM300-DM475
- A problem with the USB memory stick that plugs into the rear of your franking machine.
- You have turned on InView accounting on your franking machine but are not using this feature.
Solution 1: Check the USB memory stick
- Check to make sure the USB memory stick is plugged in correctly.
- If the USB memory stick is missing or obviously damaged, please contact us.
If the memory stick is ok but you still see the error messages, try Solution 2 if you are using InView and Solution 3 if you do not use InView.
Solution 2: You are using InView accounting and seeing these messages
- Remove the power cord and wait ten seconds. The display shuts down.
- Check the rear of your franking machine to ensure the USB memory stick is plugged in correctly.
- Plug in the power cord again.
- Wait for the franking machine to initialise and see if the error message is still showing.
If you still see the error messages, please use the Contact Us options below.
Solution 3: You do not use InView accounting and are seeing these messages
- Press Options.
- Select Accts.
- Enter the supervisor password if you are prompted and select OK to continue.
- Select Account Type: INVIEW/Budget Manager"
- When prompted select Turn Accounting Off.
- Press Home to return to the Home screen with no account displayed.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 20 May 2022