Setting up the feed on the AddressRight 200
Learn how to set up the feed on the AddressRight 200.
Products affected: AddressRight™ 200 Printer
- Release the separator locking lever [A] (located on operator’s side of the feeder), then raise the separators [B] to the up and locked position. Move the side guides [C] to the outermost open position. Place one piece of media in the center of the feeder.
- Adjust Separators. Use the two center separators for narrow media and all four separators for wide media. Place the media under the separators and lower the separators so that they rest on the media.
- Rotate the locking lever up to lock the separators in place.
- Loosen the knobs on the side guides.
- Adjust the side guides to within 1/32" (0.8 mm) of the media.
- Tighten the knobs.
- Adjust the rear guide [D] so that the media is raised about 1/2" (12 mm) and rests on the curve of the rear guide. When running 10" (254 mm) or longer or heavy media, you may have to set the rear guide so that it just touches the back of the media.
- Feed a piece of media through the printer and adjust the two exit guides [E] so that they ride on the media. To prevent smearing, make sure that the exit guides do not track over any printed information.
- Turn the printer on.
- Turn the media thickness knob [A] fully counterclockwise to raise the printhead carriage to its highest position.
- Place a piece of media [B] under the printhead carriage.
- Adjust the media thickness knob clockwise until the printhead carriage just touches the media.
- Turn the media thickness knob counterclockwise until the media [B] can be pulled from under the print carriage with a slight pull.
Note: These are the initial settings. It may be necessary to adjust the media thickness control to optimize print quality. Make a note of the knob position for future reference for that media.
- To test feed the media, press Test Feed on the Quick Menu touchscreen.
UPDATED: 14 August 2021