The device does not print the blue frank well or at all. The printed frank may be blurred, fuzzy, or have streaks.
There is a problem with the printhead or the ink cartridge.
If you have print issues with your red ink meter stamp, try the solutions in order.
Solution 1: Check the ink cartridge
- Make sure you installed a genuine Pitney Bowes ink cartridge.
- If you need ink, order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge:
If you still need help, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Run a test pattern to assess print quality
- Tap Settings on the toolbar.
- Scroll down to the Envelope Printer Settings section.
- Tap Envelope Printer Maintenance.
- Tap Print Test Pattern.
- When the screen says Print Test Pattern?, feed an envelope or tape sheet into the device.
- Compare the printed test pattern to the ones on the screen.
- If the test pattern looks good, like this sample good print:
- Tap Done.
- Tap Home to return to the Home screen.
- If the test pattern looks incorrect, with broken lines or smears in the pattern, or if there is no print at all, like this sample bad print, then clean your print nozzle.
- Tap Clean Printhead.
- The device prompts you to print another test pattern after cleaning.
If you do not see an improvement after cleaning the print nozzle, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Clean the printhead
See Cleaning the printhead
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: May 06, 2021