Connection issues on the Connect+ Series and SendPro P
Learn how to troubleshoot connection issues on the Connect+ and SendPro P franking machines.
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
The Connect+ / SendPro P has one of the following issues:
- The franking machine will not refill postage
- The franking machine will not download updates
- Manage accounts will not open
- Items under Tools bring up a blank page
- Print Shipping Label or Receive a Package bring up a blank page
- 018061001A: An error occurred while uploading transaction records
- 018061001B: Account synchronization error
- 018761000A: Icom failed to connect
- 018761000B: Data center URL error
- 018761000E: Icom using default URL
- 018761000F: Icom found no files to upload
- 0187A10017: No network connection detected
- 0193A1000F: Connection to data center is busy
- 019541000A: Data center not available
- 019561000B: Distributor error
- 019561003B: Data center cannot verify signature
- 019721001C: System internal error
- 019721001E: PB Customer Configuration Data error
- 019721001F: System connection error
- 020124001C: Failed to connect to required URL
- 018761000D, 018761000C: Data center connection timeout occurred
- 019561003A, 019561001D, 019561000E: Data center not available
- 0180610013, 0180610014, 0180610014, 0180610015, 0186610008, 0187410013, 0187610002, 0187610003, 0187610004, 0187610005, 0187610006, 0187610008, 0187610014, 0187610015, 0187610016, 0187610017, 0187810001, 0187810007, 0187810009, 0190410010, 0195610012, 0195610013, 0195610014, 0195610015, 0195610016, 0195610027, 0195610029, 0195610038, 0195610041, 0197210006, 0197210007, 0197210008, 0197210009, 0197210017, 019721001B, 0197410012, 0197410013
The franking machine cannot complete the connection to Pitney Bowes.
Solution 1: Clear the error message
- Select Clear Message to clear the error.
- Check for green/amber or orange/amber lights where your network cable plugs into the back of your meter:
- If you see lights, your network cable is connected.
- If you see no lights, make sure both ends of the network cable are plugged in securely.
Solution 2: Restart the machine
- Select the gear icon from the lower right corner of the home screen.
- Select Shut Down from the menu.
- Select Shut Down from the pop-up.
- Wait for the display and blue light to go out. This may take a few minutes.
- Press the Power button.
- Clear any errors and test the connection.
Solution 3: Run the Network TestIf the meter is on version 24 or higher the error code will have a button to run the network test. The network test is the best way to find out what the meter cannot connect too.
The Network test can also be run from the settings menu:
- Select the Settings button within Mailing from the Home screen.
- Select Internet & Network.
- Select Network Test.
- Select Perform network test. The icon next to each item tells you the status of the network test.
- A blue circle means the test is still running.
- A green check mark means the test passed.
- A red circle with an exclamation point mean the test failed.
- The URL that the meter could not connect to.
- The HTTP error code for the failure.
- A possible resolution.
If running the network test does not resolve your issue, try solution 4.
Solution 4: (Optional) Restart a wireless hotspot (3G/4G)
- Power down the hotspot by pressing the power button or removing the power cable.
- Remove the network cable from the hotspot.
- Wait one minute.
- Power the hotspot back on.
- Wait for the hotspot to display the signal strength or the internet light to turn on.
- Reconnect the network cable.
- Select Rates & Updates from the Home screen.
- Select Retry if you receive an infrastructure error.
- Reboot the machine if you still have issues.
Solution 5: Check your network settingsReview Networking and Connectivity details with your IT department. Ensure your network does not prevent your franking machine from connecting to Pitney Bowes.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 14 July 2022