Frequent material stoppage (sheets and envelopes) in tower feeder during high volume runs. Note: This problem only occurs if your mailing envelope is fed from the left side of your machine.
Jams and crooked folds may start in a different area of the machine than where the issue is initially discovered. Check upstream areas of the machine for possible sources of the problem.
This issue can be caused by several things, including:
- An upstream module issue
- Misaligned feeder side guides. The guides keep insert material straight as it travels through the system. Over time, the guides may shift and impede insertion.
- Poor roller condition. Toner build-up or worn edges can diminish the roller's ability to grasp or drive the material correctly.
- Envelope flap is closed and it should be open.
- Check upstream modules first before considering other causes.
- Realign the feeder side guides.
- Visually inspect the roller and clean or replace if necessary.
- Inspect the jam location to see if the envelopes are sealed. If they are sealed, check to be sure the new envelopes are not pre-sealed in the box.
- Learn how to adjust the envelope openers on the DI900 and DI950 .
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: 17 February 2021