Sending a mailpiece with Royal Mail Special Delivery rates from SendPro Mailstation
Use Royal Mail's Special Delivery service to mail items within the UK that must be delivered within a specific time frame from Sendpro Mailstation using the Sendpro Online companion app.
- Log into Sendpro Online from your PC or sign up for Sendpro Online.
- Click the Send a Parcel tab at the top of the home screen.
- Click Letter, Large Letter, Small parcel, Medium parcel or select Enter Custom Dimensions.
- If you are using the USB connected scale, place your package on the scale platform and click the Scale icon.
- If you are not using the scale, enter the package weight manually in the fields.
- If you chose enter custom dimensions, enter the package dimensions and weight in the fields.
- Click Continue.
- Ensure your sender address is populated in the From field. You can Edit, Add New or View All sender addresses in the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Select Cost Account drop-down menu and choose the desired account from the list. You can start typing the name or number to search for the desired account.
- Enter the recipient's postcode in the To field and select the correct address from the suggestions or click on the Address Book icon to select a recipient address previously saved to Address Book. Alternatively you can manually enter an address.
- The postcode entered must be in the correct format before (Undefined variable: SendPro-SaaS-Variables.Product Name No Mark) will allow you to proceed with label set up.
- For items to the Channel Islands, select United Kingdom in the country drop-down menu before entering a valid postcode.
- Items to the Channel Islands may also require accompanying customs forms to be completed and attached. Visit The Royal Mail website and Help sending mail to the Channel Islands for more information.
- Enter the recipient name if it has not already been populated. This is a required field.
- (Optional) Enter the recipient email address and/or phone number.
- (Optional) Tick Email the Tracking Number if you would like an automated email notification of the package tracking number. Enter the email address for the notification email. Add a comma in between email addresses if you require more than one email sent.
- Click Continue.
- Choose a Special Delivery class. Services available will depend on the mailpiece you are sending. Choose Special Delivery guaranteed by 1pm or Special Delivery guaranteed by 9am, if available. The cost of the selected service appears on the right hand side of the screen.
- (Optional) Choose any additional options, such as: Collection, Saturday Delivery and/or Additional Compensation if required. Options available depend on the service you select. Services can be filtered by speed and sorted by price.
- Click Print Options.
- Check that your printer is on and your printing media is correctly loaded.
- Select your printer.
- In the Select a print size field, ensure either Roll - 4 x 6 or A4 is selected as required by the printer that you are using.
- (Optional) View the print sample.
- (Optional) If you would like to print a test print that will not debit your account on plain paper before printing the label, Click Test Print.
- Click Print or Download label pdf instead as required.
- Click Print in your browser.
Carrier services and packaging
For further information about size and weight restrictions, visit the carrier's website:
UPDATED: 04 January 2023