Scale not weighing correctly or "Enter Weight" message on the DM60
The scale does not weigh the mailpiece correctly or the message "Enter Weight" appears.
There may be a communication issue between the scale and the franking machine.
Use these solutions to resolve your issue.
Solution 1: Zero the scale
- Press Menu / Options.
- Press Review (down) until Reset the Scale to Zero? appears.
- Press Enter / Yes.
- Test the scale with an item of known weight. For example, a £1 coin weighs 9 grams.
If the scale still does not weigh correctly, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Restart the franking machine and check the connections.
- Unscrew the thumb screws on the scale cable and disconnect the cable.
- Unplug the power lead from the rear of the franking machine.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- While waiting, reconnect the scale cable and tighten the thumb screws.
- Plug the power lead directly back into a wall outlet. Check that the wall outlet is functioning correctly.
- Once the franking machine restarts, test the scale with an item of known weight.
UPDATED: 14 July 2023