Poor print quality on the DM60
Poor print quality or no printing issues can occur due to several factors, including lack of use, overuse, or ink issues.
Products affected: DM60™ (K722)
Print quality issues have occurred:
- Print is faded, blurry or streaky.
- Print is not clear and hard to read, smudged or smeared.
- A printing issue has occurred e.g. Only partial print of the frank.
- The franking machine is not printing at all.
Several factors can contribute to deterioration in print quality:
- Lack of use: When the franking machine is idle for a long time, dried ink from previous printings can clog the nozzles in the printhead.
- Overuse: Overuse increases wear and tear on the printhead and can lead to issues.
- Ink issues: Low ink or no ink in the ink cartridge can impair print quality and cause other problems with the franking machine.
Watch this video, or follow the instructions below, to troubleshoot printing issues.
- Select Options.
- Press Review (down) to Use ink functions.
- Press Enter/Yes.
- Press Review (down) to Clean printer nozzles.
- Press Enter/Yes.
- Insert an envelope or tape sheet when prompted.
- Press Enter/Yes if the print issue is resolved.
- Press No to repeat a purge if the print issue is unresolved. You can repeat this process three times if necessary.
If the issue still occurs after 3 attempts please contact Technical Support.
If the Low Ink or Ink Out message appears:
- If Low Ink appears, you can continue to print, but the ink supply is almost gone and you need to replace the ink cartridge soon.
- If Ink Out appears, the ink supply is completely gone and you must replace the cartridge. Install a new postal approved ink cartridge immediately.
To order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge, click the Order Ink button:
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 04 January 2023