Performing a factory reset on the SmartLink device
Perform a factory reset on your SmartLink device if your franking machine cannot update software, add postage or otherwise communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
To perform a factory reset on the Smartlink device, please ensure you have access to a computer near the franking machine.
- Remove the USB and Ethernet Cable from the Smartlink Device and the franking machine.
- Ensure the Smartlink device has power, with the power cable plugged in.
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit the SmartLink Setup page.
- Select Wireless under Choose Your Connection.
- Follow the steps and ensure you adjust the brightness as suggested.
- Go down to step 3 and in the SSID field enter PBFactoryReset (case sensitive).
- The Wi-Fi Network Password field remains blank.
- Scroll down to step 5 and follow the instructions.
- Once the blink up is complete, a message will appear on the screen showing Unsuccessful. The Factory Reset of the device is now complete.
- You can now follow steps on how to setup the Smartlink Device via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, as your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings.
UPDATED: 14 July 2023