Performing a factory reset on the SmartLink device
Perform a factory reset on your SmartLink device if your franking machine cannot update software, add postage or otherwise communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
To perform a factory reset on the Smartlink device, please ensure you have access to a computer near the franking machine.
- Remove the USB and Ethernet Cable from the Smartlink Device and the franking machine.
- Ensure the Smartlink device has power, with the power cable plugged in.
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit the SmartLink Setup page.
- Select Wireless under Choose Your Connection.
- Follow the steps and ensure you adjust the brightness as suggested.
- Go down to step 3 and in the SSID field enter PBFactoryReset (case sensitive).
- The Wi-Fi Network Password field remains blank.
- Scroll down to step 5 and follow the instructions.
- Once the blink up is complete, a message will appear on the screen showing Unsuccessful. The Factory Reset of the device is now complete.
- You can now follow steps on how to setup the Smartlink Device via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, as your IT department or internet provider to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: 03 January 2023