Adding a preset on the DM60
Add presets to save your most frequently used settings to use time and time again.
A preset is a snapshot of franking machine settings that you most commonly use. It creates what is known as a default. If you use the preset feature, the franking machine shows the preset values when it is turned on or 'wakes up' after sleep mode.
Watch this video or follow the instructions below to learn how to add a preset.
To use a preset, you must turn the preset feature on. See Turning the preset feature on and off on the DM60.
Important: The franking machine can only hold one preset. To edit the current preset, create a new preset to replace the existing one.
To add a new preset, you first need to select the settings you want to save: carrier, class, mail type, envelope message etc.
- Press Review (down) to see what options are currently being used.
- Class and mail type. For example, First or Second class. Letter, Large Letter, etc.
- Account (if you use the Accounting feature).
- Ad (Envelope Message).
- If you are happy with these settings, proceed to step 3. Otherwise, from the Home screen, press Enter/yes to select new values:
- Mail type (Letter, Large Letter, etc)
- Ad (Envelope Message)
- Save the preset:
- Press Options.
- Press Review (down) until Change setup? appears. Press Enter/yes.
- Press Review (down) until Use preset setup? appears. Press Enter/yes.
- Press No when View stored preset? appears.
- press Enter/yes when Store new preset? appears.
- When Review settings to be stored? (yes/no) appears, select one of the following options:
- Enter/yes if you want to review the current settings.
- No to go to the next step without reviewing the settings.
- Press Enter/yes to store the preset.
- Press No when View new preset? appears.
- Press No when Stay in setup? appears. You return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: 04 January 2023