Updating Royal Mail rates on the DM60
To get the latest Royal Mail rates, perform a rate update on the DM60 to ensure that you print accurate postage.
Watch this video or follow the instructions below to learn how to update the rates.
If you perform the update in advance of the effective date, your franking machine automatically applies the new rates on the effective date.
This update can take up to 10 minutes to complete. During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
Updating the rates
- Ensure you connect your franking machine via SmartLink™, Pitney Bowes Communication Device or via PC Meter Connect in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- Press Funds.
- Press Review (Down) to scroll to Check balance available?
- Press Enter/yes. The franking machine connects to Pitney Bowes.
- Checking PBP Account Balances, then Prepaid £xx.xx appears.
- Press Enter/yes.
- Refill Postage Y/N? appears. Press No. If the Home screen appears, it is likely that the new rates are already installed. Please check using the Rate Confirmation Tool.
- SYSTEM UPDATE REQUIRED – Please Wait appears. Press Enter/yes. Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the new rates.
- Press Enter/yes at the Download complete Continue – press enter prompt.
- Press Enter/yes at the During the call: Rate data installed prompt.
- Press Enter/yes if you want to print a download report. Otherwise press No. The franking machine returns to the Home screen.
Rate Confirmation Tool
Use the Rate Confirmation Tool to confirm the franking machine is using the latest rates.
Select your franking machine model and enter your seven digit serial number. The tool confirms if the latest rates are installed. This information can take a few hours to update. If you believe you have download is complete, but the tool says otherwise, please try again after two hours.
Depending on your franking machine type, you may need to perform another connection and download on the effective date.
Occasionally the franking machine requires a reboot on or after the effective date, in order to display the new rates.
UPDATED: 18 January 2023