Updating rates on the DM110i, DM160i and DM220i
To get the latest Postal Authority rates, perform a rate update on your franking machine to ensure that you print accurate postage.
Before you begin, make sure you connect your franking machine is via SmartLink ™, wired or wireless LAN or via PC Meter Connect in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- Select Add Postage.
- Select Check PbP Balance. The machine connects to Pitney Bowes. When a connection has been made, the PBP balance screen appears.
- Select No to skip adding funds.
- Update Available – Get Update Now? appears if there are any pending downloads. Select Get Update Now.
- Select Continue when the download completes. The franking machine returns to the Home screen.
- On the day of the rate change, you will receive a further upload or download request. Follow the screen prompts to complete this. The new rates are then active.
- If you perform the update in advance of the effective rate change date, your franking machine automatically switches to the new pricing on the effective date.
- The update can take up to 10 minutes to complete. During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
- If you download the rates in advance of the effective date, do not worry if the new price does not show immediately after you complete the download. The new rates will activate on the effective date.
- Depending on your franking machine type, you may need to connect your franking machine again on the effective date.
- Occasionally the franking machine requires a reboot on or after the effective date, in order for the new rates to appear.
UPDATED: 03 January 2023