Replacing the Printhead on the DM110i, DM160i and DM220i
Watch this video or follow the instructions below to replace the printhead.
Important: This procedure should only be done under the direction or with the permission of a Pitney Bowes representative. This procedure can also be used to reseat the printhead in response to a possible error condition.
- Remove the scale by lifting it straight up.
- Open the top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank.
- Unlatch the ink tank cartridge guard by sliding the green lever to the right and flipping the guard open.
- Lift up and remove the ink cartridge.
- Squeeze the two grey tabs on either side of the printhead so that they slide towards each other.
- While squeezing, lift and tilt the printhead to the right. The printhead should come up out of the franking machine.
- Remove the new printhead from packaging.
- Remove the protective tape or the black cap from the bottom of the new printhead.
- Squeeze the two grey tabs on either side of the new printhead and slightly angle the printhead while pushing the printhead flush against the wall. There is an audible click when you seat it correctly.
- Replace the ink cartridge.
- Close the top cover and replace the scale. You return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: 04 January 2023