Setting up a wired LAN connection on the DM110i, DM160i and DM220i
You are not connecting using our newest device. Upgrade to our latest connection device:
SmartLink™ connects your franking machine to your LAN (Local Area Network) via an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. It enables you to add postage and perform data uploads with speed and ease. You can also download postage rates and software updates automatically by connecting your franking machine digitally to Pitney Bowes.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to connect to your franking machine using the USB LAN kit with a Local Area Network (LAN).
- Turn the power off using the switch on the rear of the franking machine.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the USB LAN adapter and the other end into the wall outlet or router.
- Plug the USB LAN adapter into the USB port.
- Turn the power back on.
- Press Options.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Connect Data Centre.
- Select LAN Settings.
- Select Get IP:
- Select Automatically if you are using a dynamic IP address.
- Select Manually if you are using a static IP address. Consult with your IT department for the correct address.
- Press Home.
- Perform a balance enquiry to verify connectivity:
- Press Add Postage.
- Select Check PBP Balance. If postage totals appear, the installation is complete.
- Press No when Add Postage appears. You return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: 15 June 2023