Error 2442 or 2443 on the DM110i, DM160i and DM220i and DM300M, DM400M and DM475
Error codes 2442 or 2443 appear and the franking machine may not print.
The latch that locks the ink cartridge in place did not close properly.
Solution 1: Re-seat your ink cartridge
- If present, remove the scale by lifting it straight up.
- Open the top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. The ink cartridge moves forward.
- The green latch locks the grey ink cartridge cover down into a slot into the printhead. Check that the green latch locks in the correct position.
- Close the top cover then the ink cartridge moves back into position.
- Select Continue when the franking machine confirms that the cartridge installation is complete.
- Replace the scale, ensuring you re-seat it correctly.
If the error message does not clear, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Restart the franking machine
If the error message has not cleared, restart the franking machine. Follow these steps to restart safely:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord directly back into a wall outlet. Check that the wall outlet is working correctly.
UPDATED: 15 June 2023