Replacing the printhead on the DM300M-DM475
Poor print quality after you installed a new ink cartridge or cleaned the printhead is a sign that you need to replace the printhead.
Products affected: DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475™ (G922, RG9224M)
You may need to install a new printhead when the existing printhead is producing poor print quality.
- If you have a scale, remove it from the top of the franking machine.
- Open the ink tank access cover.
- Select Replace Print Head.
- The carriage moves forward slightly. Unlock the green ink tank latch.
- Remove the ink cartridge and place it on a flat surface with the blue circle facing up.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the printhead.
- While squeezing, lift and tilt the printhead to the right. The printhead should come up out of the franking machine.
- Unpack your new print head and remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Squeeze the tabs and slide the printhead pegs into the lower set of grooves.
- Keep squeezing the tabs and push the printhead flush against the wall. The tabs will snap outward when placed correctly.
- Re-insert the ink cartridge then close the green ink cartridge guard. It clicks when fully closed.
- Close the ink tank access cover and replace the scale, if applicable.
- Your franking machine detects the new printhead and prompts you to run a maintenance cycle.
- Your franking machine prompts you to print a test pattern. Select one of the following options:
- Select Yes, Print Test Pattern to print a test pattern.
- Select No to skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: 03 January 2023