Using Differential Weighing on the DM300M-DM475
Differential weighing speeds up the weighing process and increases your efficiency when processing mail. Place all the mail on the scale at once, then remove one piece at a time and run it through the franking machine. The franking machine calculates and prints the postage for each piece of mail.
Important: Each piece of mail must weigh at least as much as the Differential Weigh Trip Weight that has been set. If you remove a mailpiece that does not meet the minimum weight, the scale does not recognise its removal.
- Select the desired carrier, class, mail type, account (if you use the Accounting feature), and Envelope Message.
- Press Weight/Rate.
- Select Differential Weighing.
- Place all the mail on the scale. Use a container, if necessary.
- Remove a single mailpiece from the scale, and process it in the normal way.
- Continue removing mailpieces and processing until you reach the last mailpiece.
- When you remove the last mailpiece or container from the scale, the franking machine asks you if you wish to print postage. Select Yes or No.
- You can now place more items on the scale to continue using the Differential Weighing option. Alternatively select Exit Diff. Weighing.
UPDATED: 03 January 2023