"Clear Print Transport" message on the DM300M-DM475
The message Clear Print Transport appears and the franking machine does not print.
A mailpiece, label or some debris is caught in the printer area.
The print transport is the area that envelopes and labels pass through during printing.
To clear the print transport:
- Unplug the power lead from the rear of the franking machine.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Turn the jam release lever on the front of the machine 1/4 turn to the right (clockwise) to the released position (vertical). On the DM400 and DM475 you will also need to open the front cover and lift the blue jam release lever (there are two levers on the DM475).
- Remove any visible paper fragments from the feed deck. Occasionally a tape strip will get caught in the rollers.
- Using a can of non-flammable canned air, and working left to right, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes travel on, ensuring you remove all dust and debris.
- Lift the feed deck back up into position and turn the transport release lever 1/4 turn anticlockwise to lock it.
- Replace the power lead to restart the franking machine.
UPDATED: 15 June 2023