Creating custom notifications in PitneyTrack Inbound
You can send customized email notifications to inform users when certain events occur.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Select Settings > Notifications and Templates.
- To create a new notification without using a template:
- Select Add Notification.
- Enter the notification Name.
- Under Send Via, check the Email box .
- Select the Type of notification. The options you see may vary depending upon your subscription. If you have any questions, contact your administrator.
- Select the Condition. This is the activity that will trigger the notification to be sent, such as a package being shipped or delivered.
- From the Action / Send Schedule menu, select when the notification will be sent.
- If you wish to send reminder emails, check the Send Reminders box and specify the schedule.
- If you want this notification to be limited to only a specific division, location, or site, under Notification Visibility, select Division, Location, or Site, then select the desired one from the menu that appears.
Note: You will only see the Notification Visibility section if this feature has been enabled by Pitney Bowes. Contact us if you need this enabled.
- In the Email Subject field, enter or edit the email subject line.
- (Optional) Select Load Sample Message to fill in the message with a sample message that you can then edit.
- Enter or edit the body of the message in the large message field. To insert dynamic text such as the recipient's name, select </> Insert Variable Data Field, then select the desired item.
- To edit the HTML code of the message, select </> Edit HTML.
- To see an example of how the message will look, select Preview Email. Scroll down to see the preview. Select Preview Email again to close the preview.
- Select Save.
- To change the From name to something other than "Pitney Bowes", select the Preferences tab and enter the name you wish to use in the "Sent From" Label field. The notification emails will still come from firstname.lastname@example.org; only the name will be different.
- To change the Reply-to email address to something other than email@example.com, enter the desired address in the "Reply to" email address field. The notification emails will still come from firstname.lastname@example.org, but if someone replies to an email notification, the reply will go to this address.
UPDATED: 05 October 2023