Creating a domestic shipping label in PitneyShip Pro
You can create and print a shipping label for a domestic package.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
The overall process for adding a label is the same for all carriers, although package sizes and services may vary. This article documents processing a domestic mailpiece. If you are sending your mail piece internationally, please see related topics at the bottom of this article.
Items to the Channel Islands may also require accompanying customs forms to be completed and attached. Visit The Royal Mail website and Help sending mail to the Channel Islands for more information.
- On the Send a Parcel tab, select Create Shipping Labels. You can also select a preset from this screen if you have presets already saved.
- Select Create New or Use a Preset. If you use a preset many of the fields will become auto-populated.
- Your sender address will default to the address last used. Click the drop down menu to edit the address, add a new address or to view all saved sender addresses.
- (Optional) If you wish to print multiple labels of the same value and service to different addresses, you must choose a recipient list by selecting Multiple under recipient and then selecting your recipient list from the drop down menu. See related topics below for how to create a recipient list.
- Add the recipient's name (required) and company (optional).
- Your destination location will automatically default to UK. If you are sending Internationally or to Jersey, see related topics at the bottom of this page.
- Enter the recipient's postcode in the To field and select the correct address from the suggestions or click on the Address Book icon to select a recipient address previously saved to Address Book. Alternatively you can manually enter an address.
- (Optional) Tick Sender or Recipient or both if you would like an automated email notification of the package tracking number sent. Enter the email address for the notification email. Add a comma in between email addresses if you require more than one email sent.
- Select your packaging type from the drop down menu.
- Enter the weight. If you have an attached scale, select Get Weight to weigh the item on the scale. If you have more than one scale, select the arrow next to the Get Weightbutton to select your scale.
- Select Shop Rates and Services. Here you can select the type of service you require including Signed For or Special Delivery Guaranteed services if they are available for your mailpiece. The cost will be shown to the right of the service option. Select your desired service and Select Choose Service.
- (Optional) Add a memo or reference andmore reference options.
- Select Print Shipping Label.
- In the print options screen, select your printer from the drop down menu.
- In the select print size field, ensure either Roll - 4 x 6 or Plain Paper- A4 is selected as required.
- View the preview.
- If this is the first time you are printing on a particular printer, Select Print Sample to check your printer settings before printing the postage.
- Select Print.
Carrier services and packaging
For further information about size and weight restrictions, visit the carrier's website:
UPDATED: 05 October 2023