Sending a Letter with Special Delivery rates in PitneyShip Pro
Use Royal Mail's Special Delivery service to mail items within the UK that require acknowledgment of receipt. To send mail internationally see related topics below.
Labels can be printed on postage rolls using a compatible label printer, for example the PB-SP100 Label printer or the Brother QL800 Thermal label printer or on postage sheets or you can print on envelopes.
If you do not see a Send a Letter tab in your PitneyShip Pro home screen then visit Sending a parcel with special delivery rates .
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- On the Send a Letter tab, select Postage Sheets, Postage Roll or Envelope.
- Your destination location will automatically default to UK. If you are sending to Jersey or Guernsey, use the drop down menu to select.
- Your mailing date will default to today. Use the drop down menu to select a mailing date up to one week from today.
- Your postage type will default to standard postage. Use the drop down menu to select Postage with 1D tracking barcode and/or Return address to include a 1D tracking barcode and add a return address if required.
- In service type you can add
- FrankPay Parcelforce Worldwide amount.
- A surcharge.
- Zero print - this is used to correct a date with a no value label.
- Royal Mail Services
- In Service Details select Special Delivery Guaranteed Services. If you are using postage sheets you will be asked to confirm that you are using 7 Label postage sheets. Select Confirm.
- Select quantity from the drop down.
- Enter your envelope weight or place envelope on your attached scale and click the scale button to read weight.
- Select Letter (up to 100g) or Large Letter (up to 750g).
- In the mail service drop down menu select your chosen service. The cost of that service will be shown on the right hand side.
- Select Add to Sheet, Add to Roll or Add to Envelope.
- Repeat for any additional labels you wish to print.
- If this is the first time you are printing on a particular printer, Test Print to check your printer settings before printing the postage.
- Select Print Postage.
UPDATED: 05 October 2023