Generating tracking numbers for multiple packages in a pouch in PitneyTrack Inbound
You can have the system generate tracking numbers for multiple packages in a pouch at the same time.
Products affected: PitneyTrack® Inbound
You can have the system generate tracking numbers for up to 50 packages in a pouch at the same time. The tracking numbers will contain the pouch ID followed by a sequential numeric suffix (POUCHID-1, POUCHID-2, etc.).
- Select Settings > Pouch.
- Click on the slider under Auto Generate Tracking Numbers to turn it On.
- From the Receiving menu, select Pouch under Receive.
- In the Pouch ID field, scan the pouch barcode, enter a pouch tracking number manually, or click + to generate a unique tracking number for the pouch.
- In the Tracking Number section, select Multiple.
- In the Quantity field, enter the number of package tracking numbers you want generated for this pouch.
Note: Once you generate these tracking numbers for the pouch, you cannot auto-generate more tracking numbers for it, although you will still be able to add more packages to the pouch manually if needed from the packages list.
- If you want to apply the same carrier, sender, recipient, or custom field information to all of the packages in the pouch, select Apply pouch details to all packages, then select the items you wish to be the same.
Note that this information will not be filled in on the packages until after you save the pouch.
- Complete the Pouch Details and Additional Information sections.
- To edit individual package details, select the edit icon next to that package.
Note that if you selected Apply pouch details to all packages, the pouch details will overwrite the individual package details when you save the pouch.
- To remove a package from the pouch, select the x next to that package.
- Select Save or Save & Print.
UPDATED: 12 January 2024