- If a client service representative instructs you to return your meter for a replacement, you are covered.
- If you decide to return a meter on your own, we need to know about the return. We work closely with you to ensure a smooth transaction.
When you contact us, we explain the logistics of your specific return, and help make sure you have all the materials you need to pack and ship the meter back to us safely.Contact Pitney Bowes to arrange a return:
- Lease: 1-800-732-7222
- Rental: 1-800-228-1071
Be sure to return your meter within 10 days of receiving your return kit to avoid billing issues.Packing and returning your meter:
Pitney Bowes provides everything you need to return the meter: the box that the replacement equipment came in or a return carton.
The box contains:
- plastic bag for meter
- Gloves for handling the meter
- shipping label & instructions
Tip: Right click the image and select Open image in new tab to see a full size copy of the image.
Before you start:
- make sure your working area has enough room to move about freely
- protect your clothing from possible ink stains
- Press Options.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Advanced Features.
- Press Page Down.
- Select Meter Withdraw.
- Select Transfer All Funds.
Disassemble the Meter:
If you have a scale attached to the meter, remove it now by lifting it straight up and off. Return the scale if:
- You are ending your lease with Pitney Bowes and returning your meter, or,
- You received a new scale in your replacement carton (otherwise, keep your current scale for use with the replacement meter)
- Unplug the power cable.
- Unplug the phone or USB cables.
- Unplug the optional platform scale from the meter.
Important: If you are replacing your base meter only, please do not return your scale and cables.
Pack the Meter:
- Place the meter inside the plastic bag provided.
- Place the meter in the box as shown in the instructions.
- Seal the top of the carton with the tape provided.
- Apply the prepaid shipping label over the old shipping label and ship via:
- Use the enclosed UPS shipping label and return via your local UPS agent or drop off location.
Learn more about how to return your meter to Pitney Bowes.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021