The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Returning a Meter
UPDATED: September 6, 2017
Follow these steps when you get a new meter and need to return your old meter to Pitney Bowes:
- Plan your meter return
- Install your new meter
- Withdraw funds from your original meter
- (Optional) What if your meter is inoperable?
- Pack and return your original meter
Contact Pitney Bowes to arrange a return if you don’t receive a return kit with your new meter::
- Lease: 1-800-732-7222
- Rental: 1-800-228-1071
When you contact Pitney Bowes, we explain the logistics of your specific return, and help make sure you have all the materials you need to pack and ship the meter back to us safely.
2. Install a new meter
If you opted to install your meter on your own, set up your new meter before you deactivate your original meter. Follow the installation instructions included in your new meter box.
Download a copy of your installation instructions:
- SendPro C-series
- mailstation™ and mailstation2™:
- DM100i and DM200L™:
3. Withdraw funds from your original meter
You must transfer all postage funds on your meter back to your original funding source(s). This transfer of funds will deactivate your meter.
a. (Optional) Print a departmental accounting report
Print an accounting report from your original meter to show your postage usage summary if you use this optional accounting feature.
• Your new meter cannot get existing accounts or account totals from your previous meter.
b. Select your meter model to download instructions to help you withdraw your funds as well as to pack and return your original meter.
Download and follow the detailed instructions to withdraw funds from your meter.
- mailstation™, mailstation2™ (K700, K7M0)
- DM100i®, DM125™, (P700, PR00)
- DM200L™, DM225™ (P7L1, PRL1)
- DM300C™ (G900)
- SendPro C-series
4. (Optional) What if your meter is inoperable?
If your meter is inoperable and you are unable to withdraw or transfer your funds back to their original funding source, you may not be able to deactivate your meter.
You can pack and ship non-functioning equipment back to Pitney Bowes as-is using your return kit. Funds from the inoperable meter will be withdrawn at our facility and credited to your account.
5. Pack and return your original meter
Follow the detailed instructions you downloaded in Step 3 to pack and return your meter.
Tips for easy returns:
- Use your prepaid shipping label to send your original meter back. Shipping labels are included with your return kit.
- Drop off the meter at a UPS Store, or return it as part of a regularly scheduled UPS pickup.
- Note: If you call UPS to schedule a special pickup for the meter, UPS will assess a charge that Pitney Bowes will not cover.