Installing the DM100i-DM225
Learn how to install and set up your DM100i® (P700, P705), DM125™ (PR00, PR05), DM200L™ (P7L1, P7L5) and DM225™ (PRL1, PRL5) digital postage meter.
Products affected: DM100i® (P700, P705), DM125™ (PR00, PR05), DM200L™ (P7L1, P7L5), DM225™ (PRL1, PRL5)
Step 1: Watch the videoThis video takes you step by step through the process of unpacking your meter, connecting your meter, setting features, installing ink, setting up postage, updating your software, and applying optional features.
Step 2: Unpack your meter
- When you unpack your box, check the contents against the items listed on your Quick Install Guide .
- Remove all shipping tape and packing material.
- Open the top cover and remove the shipping tape inside your meter.
- Place the meter in your work area:
- If you connect your meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through the internet, place your meter near a computer or network point that your can connect to using a USB cable.
- If you connect your meter through your wireless (WiFi) network, place your meter anywhere.
Step 3: Power up
- Connect your power cord to your meter and plug it into a wall outlet that is not controlled by a switch.
- If your model has a power switch, toggle it to the On position. Your meter powers on, performs a self-check, and enters Install mode.
- Press Clear twice to exit Install mode, then press Yes.
- Return to Install mode:
- Press Options.
- Select Advanced Features.
- Select Run Install Mode.
Step 4: Set your language and timeFollow menus on your meter screen and use the selection keys to set your language and time:
- Select the language to use on your meter.
- Set your local time. Make sure that a.m. and p.m. are set correctly. (If your time is off by 12 hours, your system could print the wrong date, which could cause your mail to be returned.)
Step 5: Install your print head and ink cartridge
- Open your meter cover.
- Unlatch and flip your ink cartridge guard up.
- Unwrap your print head.
- Remove all packaging and protective covering.
- Angle your print head and slide it so the pegs fit into the lower set of grooves in your ink cartridge holder.
- Squeeze together the gray print head tabs and push the unit flush against the holder wall. You hear a click when it seats correctly.
- Install your ink cartridge:
- Remove your ink cartridge from its package. The silver foil strip on the bottom of the cartridge remains in the bag when the cartridge is withdrawn.
- Insert your ink cartridge into the ink cartridge holder next to the print head.
- Close your ink cartridge guard, making sure that it clicks securely in position.
- Close your meter cover.
Step 6: Print a test pattern
- Insert an envelope or tape sheet for a test print:
- Position your mail flat against the registration wall.
- Gently slide your mail to the right. Your system detects the envelope and pulls it through the printing mechanism.
- Examine the printed pattern:
Good test print: No missing or broken lines.
Poor test print: Lines are broken and/or missing.
- Press Yes/Enter if the pattern appears with solid, unbroken lines, as your meter is ready to print.
- Press No if the lines appear broken. When prompted to perform additional maintenance options, follow the instructions on the screen to do so.
Step 7: Set up your connectionYour meter must be connected to the Pitney Bowes Data Center to perform essential tasks such as:
- Refilling postage
- Updating postal rate data
- Performing software updates that run and optimize the system
- Performing required postal inspections
- Collecting diagnostic information
- Adding features and receiving new graphics and ads for printing
DM100i / DM200L:
DM125 / DM225:
Step 8: Add postage to your meter
Ensure that you create and fund your postage account. You load funds to your meter from your postage account. You must have funds available in your Reserve Account, USPS® prepaid account, or be using Purchase Power®. See Paying for Postage to learn how to put money in your account.
- When connected, view the amount of prepaid funds and credit available in your postage account. These funds are in your account, not on your meter, and include your initial deposit.
- Enter the amount of postage funds (in whole dollars) that you want to transfer from your account to your meter.
- Select Continue.
- Select Yes to confirm your choice and Yes again to print a receipt, if needed.
Note: You can fund your initial postage payment with a previous deposit or transferred funds.
Step 9: Print a receipt
- Insert a blank envelope or tape sheet into your meter.
- Follow the directions on your meter screen to print a receipt.
Step 10: Download system updatesOnce postage is added to your meter, additional features that you may have ordered also get downloaded. Your meter also checks to make sure all software and postage rate data is up-to-date.
- If you need an update, you get prompted to perform the necessary steps. Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the process.
- When the Installation Successful screen displays, select OK. Your meter is now ready to run mail.
Step 11: (Optional) Install your scale, moistener, or stacker
- Install your scale; enter your scale code .
- Install your moistener.
- Install your stacker.
See the DM100i/DM125/DM200L/DM225 Quick Install Guide for detailed instructions.
UPDATED: December 08, 2021