Importing and exporting files in Cost Accounting
You can import and export account information in Cost Accounting using a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file.
Products affected: Cost Accounting
You can import and export account information using a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file (extension ".csv"). The easiest way to edit this file type is in Microsoft® Excel.
- Each field must be separated by a comma.
- Avoid using commas in values. If commas are used, surround the values with quotes (").
- For simpler editing, you can open and edit the file in Excel and save the changes as file type ".csv" .
- Lines beginning with '#' are ignored by the Import operation.
Required headings in the CSV file
- Description – this field may be left blank.
- Status – this field is required (Y- Active, N- Inactive). "Active" allows the account to be selected for mailing.
- Password – this field may be left blank.
- Delete –This value (Y - Delete, N - Do not delete) can be used to delete the referenced account from the cost account list.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: March 11, 2022