Updating SendPro Enterprise for self-hosted users
SendPro Enterprise is updated regularly with new features and compliance items. Customers who are self-hosting their SendPro Enterprise instances are responsible for applying updates in a timely manner.
This article applies to SendPro Enterprise self-hosted users only. If you are a self-hosted user, your SendPro Enterprise is not hosted in the Pitney Bowes cloud. If you are a subscriber, your SendPro Enterprise is managed and updated by Pitney Bowes so you do not need to perform this task.
Important: Before proceeding, it is strongly recommended that you back up the SQL database(s) and export the configuration file from SendPro Enterprise Setup.
- Backup SQL Database (Strongly Recommended)
- Export Setup Configuration (Optional)
- Update SendPro Enterprise
Backup SQL Database (Strongly Recommended)
Please refer to Microsoft’s SQL Server documentation for support in backing up databases.
Export SendPro Enterprise Setup Configuration (Optional)
SendPro Enterprise Setup allows you to export the existing configuration for rapid restoration in the future if needed.
- Open SendPro Enterprise Setup using the desktop shortcut. The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\SendPro Enterprise Installation\Instance Manager.exe.
- When it opens, SendPro Enterprise Setup will check for updates. Dismiss this message if it appears.
- Select File > Export Configuration File.
- Navigate to the desired export location and name the file.
- Select Save.
Update SendPro Enterprise
You can update SendPro Enterprise using SendPro Enterprise Setup.
- Open SendPro Enterprise Setup using the desktop shortcut. The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\SendPro Enterprise Installation\Instance Manager.exe. If it is already open, skip to step 2.b.
- When it opens, SendPro Enterprise Setup will check for updates. If an update is available, install it before updating SendPro Enterprise:
- Select OK at the prompt.
- In the SendPro Enterprise Setup application menu, select Help > Check for Updates.
- Select Yes at the confirmation prompt.
- After completing the update, SendPro Enterprise Setup will restart.
- In the navigation on the left, expand the SendPro Enterprise Instances folder, then select the instance to be updated (the name of your instance is unique).
- In the details on the right, select the desired version from the General > Version menu, then select Apply.
- Select File > Save.
- Select Install > Run (Ctrl+R).
- Select Yes to confirm.
Note: Each version update will be downloaded and installed separately in order until the target version is reached. The total installation time will vary depending on the size and number of updates that need to be installed.
If SendPro Enterprise Setup displays an error, restart the server, then try again. If the error persists, contact us.
UPDATED: May 10, 2023