We’re here to help you get back up and running upon your return to the office post COVID-19 restrictions. Below you will find a list of most probable start up issues and remedies associated with your PB equipment.
For a general, proactive “back to work” check of all of your equipment or additional employee operator training, request a quote for our “Valet Services” to help get you back up and running with limited interruptions.
- SendPro Mailstation, SendPro C, SendPro C+, SendPro C Lite
- mailstation, DM100, DM125, DM225, DM200L, DM300C, DM400C, DM450C, DM475
- Poor print quality or not printing on the Connect+ series and SendPro P
- Your meter does not print well. Your print quality may be streaky, fuzzy, spotty, partial, or missing completely.
- You may see one of the following error codes: 041822008D, 041822008E, 04182200B2, 418220041, 418420038, or 418220044.
SendPro Mailstation, SendPro C, SendPro C+, SendPro C Lite (C-series)
- Screen is blank or black
- Print issues, purge print heads
- Postal lockout ("Inspection Due" or "Pending: PerformAuditReq")
- Data Sync lockout ("Sync your data")
mailstation, DM100, DM125, DM225, DM200L, DM300C, DM400C, DM450C, DM475 (Legacy meters)
- PCMC software update
- Print Issues
- DM100i - DM225
- DM300C - DM475
- Postal lockout ("Inspection Due" or "Connection Required")
Potential Issues & Inserter Support:
- Upon returning to the office or work environment, any materials left on your inserter (i.e. envelopes, paper) may be slightly curled and out of spec. It is extremely important to remove all materials left on/in the inserter and discard replacing with new material prior to running the inserter.
- After an extended period sitting idle, your inserter may experience issues due to flats on rollers or separator pads and rollers drying up if left uncovered and/or near a window. If you experience a high number of issues, outside of the norm, upon your return to work, create a service request to have a PB technician check your equipment.
- After an extended period sitting idle, the moisteners on your Relay Inserter(s) may dry up causing poor sealing quality. In order to resolve this issue, remove the brushes and place them in a cup of water for 30 minutes and replace. This should resolve poor sealing issues. If you continue to experience poor sealing, create a service request.
- Belts on your inserter may become noisy, loose or fail due to not being used for extended periods of time. If you expect that this may be an issue, create a service request to have a PB technician check your equipment.
- Scanning issues may be seen on your inserter due to poor print quality if the printer which prints the applications has print issues due to not being used. If you experience a high number of scanning issues, outside of the norm upon your return to work, create a service request to have a PB technician check your equipment.
- After long periods of remaining idle, the sealer system in your inserter may start to omit an odor due to the lack of rotation of the EZ Seal solution. If you notice an odor coming from your inserter upon returning to work, please replace the EZ Seal solution in the sealing mechanism by following the instruction in the Operator Guide found on the inserter support pages.
Potential Issues & Printer Support:
- Upon returning to the office or work environment, any materials left in your printers (i.e. envelopes, paper) may be slightly curled and out of spec. It is extremely important to remove all materials left in the printer and discard, replacing with new material prior to running your next print job.
- Addressing Printers may need their printheads cleaned/purged or have ink cartridges replaced after sitting idle for a long period of time. Follow the instruction in the Operator Guide on how to clean/purge printheads or replace ink cartridges.
- If your Riso ComColor X1/FW/GD Printer has been sitting idle for an extended period of time, please follow the “Pre-Check” instructions in the attached file to mitigate any issues related to poor print quality or jamming.
UPDATED: July 13, 2021