UPDATED: August 23, 2018
USPS® regulations require that a postage meter be inspected periodically. This inspection occurs automatically when your meter connects to refill postage or to perform a balance inquiry. If a connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Center does not occur within a 90 day period, the meter will display either message: 'Connection Due' -or- 'Inspection Due'.
You must follow the instructions for your meter to prevent the machine from being locked out (i.e., unable to run mail). Select your meter model for detailed steps:
- mailstation™, mailstation2™ - K7XX, K7M0
- DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™ - P7XX, PRXX, P7LX
- DM300c™, DM400c™, DM450c™, DM475™ - G9XX
- DM500™, DM800™, DM900™, DM1000™, DM1100™, Infinity - 1AXX, 1CXX, 1DXX, 1LXX, 1MXX, 1RXX, 1TXX
- Connect+® Series | SendPro® P-Series
- SendPro® C-Series - C200, C300, C400
Note: Meter Product Code Numbers (PCNs) end in several different combinations. In this list, the last two digits of the meter's PCN is represented by "XX".
This USPS inspection occurs automatically when your meter is refilled with postage or when your system connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Center to perform a balance inquiry.
If an inspection is not performed within 30 days of the message, the meter will display: 'Connection Required', or 'Inspection Required', or 'Connect Before the 6th'.
For additional information, review Troubleshooting Connection Error Messages.