The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Purchase Power Line of Credit
UPDATED: September 4, 2018
What is Purchase Power®?
Purchase Power is a Pitney Bowes line of credit that allows you to pay for postage, meter rentals, shipping, and supplies through a single account.
- Getting Started
- Benefits of using Purchase Power
- Viewing and printing your statement
- Making payments & avoiding fees
- Earning and redeeming Purchase Power Rewards
- Getting a refund or credit
- Requesting a credit limit increase
- Purchase Power protection for a Reserve Account
You need to activate your Purchase Power account to use it:
- Follow the Purchase Power account prompts during your next meter refill. You must connect to Pitney Bowes to download postage to your meter - learn more.
- If there are no Purchase Power account prompts, submit this form to apply for a Purchase Power credit line through The Pitney Bowes Bank, member FDIC.
- Call us: 800.243.7800
Create your account profile, and manage your postage balance, meter refill activity, and payments in one location, anytime, online.
Benefits of using Purchase Power Line of Credit
Once activated, Purchase Power will be offered as a payment option when making a purchase with Pitney Bowes.
- No need to prepay - simply add postage to your meter. Pitney Bowes will advance the funds to the USPS® on your behalf and send you a bill afterwords.
- Consolidate other expenses to this account such as shipping charges (UPS, FedEx, etc.), Pitney Bowes supplies, permit mail postage, and more.
- Get customized reporting using Total Postage Management, our online reporting tool that shows your postage account balances, payments, and transaction information. Learn more.
- Receive one monthly statement with details of each transaction. Choose to pay the full balance, or minimum amount due.
- Earn Purchase Power Rewards Points for every dollar spent.
Viewing and Printing your Statements
Making payments, avoiding late fees and charges
- Learn how to pay your Purchase Power statement.
Note: Because Purchase Power is a line of credit, we do not accept credit cards for payments. If you are paying for postage with a credit card and want to pay using a line of credit offered by the Pitney Bowes Bank, call us at 800-243-7800 to switch your payment for postage over to Purchase Power.
- Late fees will apply if the minimum payment is not posted to the account by the Payment Due Date.
TIP: Allow two business days processing time for payments made online.
- Learn about the meter postage overage fee.
- A finance charge will be assessed for maintaining an outstanding balance on Purchase Power account(s). You can avoid this charge by paying the balance in full by the due date displayed on your monthly statement.
Purchase Power Rewards
You can redeem Purchase Power Rewards points for free postage and supplies from Pitney Bowes in the form of a credit on your account. Earn one point for every $1 spent on postage*, supplies, equipment, and 2 points using the Pitney Bowes Visa card. You can also redeem points for gift cards or merchandise items.
Note: You can sign into your Pitney Bowes account and view and redeem your reward points in the Your Financials page. Your Pitney Bowes account login will not work on the Purchase Power rewards website if you log directly onto the redemption site. Learn more at the Register on the Purchase Power® Rewards page.
Learn how to view your Purchase Power Rewards Points balance online using your account.
*The Rewards program is capped at earning 5,000 points per year on postage.
You can choose to upgrade to Enhanced Rewards to earn up to 20,000 points each year on postage and continue to earn unlimited points on supplies, equipment and shipping. Note: There is an annual Enhanced Rewards fee associated with this upgrade, which allows you to earn additional postage reward points.
Getting a refund or credit
See how to request a refund for unused postage or a Purchase Power credit.
You can return supplies acquired using Purchase Power for credit to your account.
Requesting a Credit Limit Increase
Significant purchases may require additional credit. You can request an increase to your Purchase Power Line of Credit online.
Purchase Power protection for a Reserve Account
You can use a prepaid Reserve Account to transfer funds to pay for postage. If you refill postage and you need more funds in your Reserve Account, the amount will be added to your Purchase Power statement (fees may apply). If you want to pay for all of your postage refills with Purchase Power and you have a Reserve account, just stop using your reserve account and refill using your Purchase Power Line of Credit. You can request a refund for unused postage in your Reserve account.