- Alerts and temporary suspension of international mail and services originating from the U.S due to the COVID-19 pandemic…learn more
- Stay informed about postage mailing disruptions or suspension to domestic and/or international mail due to the COVID-19 pandemic, weather, or natural disasters and events: USPS Service Alerts.
USPS Mailing and Shipping Services Price Change - January 24, 2021
Rates are now available for download.
Download today. Waiting until the last minute can lead to longer wait times to make a connection.
After the new rates have been downloaded, your meter will continue to use today’s rates until the new ones go into effect on January 24, 2021.
You can check your rates status by entering your product code and serial number into the Confirm Your Rate Update tool.
The USPS® has announced changes to Mailing and Shipping Services prices. These changes will take effect on January 24, 2021.
Listed below is a brief summary of changes. For more details visit usps.com
USPS Mailing Services Product Price Changes
- 1.8 percent for First-Class Mail
- 1.5 percent for other categories
|First Class Mailing Services||Current||Planned Price|
|Letters (Forever® stamp 1 oz.)||55 cents||No change|
|Letters (metered 1 oz.)||50 cents||51 cents|
|Letters additional ounce(s)||15 cents||20 cents|
|Postcards (standard-sized)||35 cents||36 cents|
|Large Envelopes (flats - 1 oz.)||$1||No change|
USPS Shipping Services Product Price Changes
- 3.5 percent overall increase for Priority Mail
- 1.2 percent overall increase for Priority Mail Express
- 8.9 percent average increase for Parcel Select
- 6.2 percent overall increase for First-Class Package Service
- 4.9 percent average increase for Parcel Return Service
- 3.0 percent overall increase for USPS Retail Ground
|Shipping Services||Current||Planned Prices|
|Small Flat-Rate Box||$8.30||$8.45|
|Medium Flat-Rate Box||$15.05||$15.50|
|Large Flate-Rate Box||$21.10||$21.90|
|APO/FPO Large Flat-Rate Box||$19.60||$20.40|
|Regular Flat-Rate Envelope||$7.75||$7.95|
|Legal Flat-Rate Envelope||$8.05||$8.25|
|Padded Flat-Rate Envelope||$8.40||$8.55|
Zip Zone Changes
From time to time, the USPS will make changes to ZIP Codes and Zones. It is important that you update your meter whenever there is a change.
The USPS® Zone Charts Matrix helps you apply the proper postage rates to a mail piece.
Postage rates for zoned mail are calculated based on:
- mail piece weight and
- the distance the mail piece travels
The matrix determines the distance a mail piece travels based on the first three digits of:
- the ZIP Code™ you are mailing from (origination) and
- the ZIP Code you are mailing to (destination)