Zip Zone Changes
Effective Date: October 1, 2019
Mandatory Implementation Date: November 1, 2019
From time to time, the USPS will make changes to ZIP Codes and Zones. It is important that you update your meter whenever there is a change.
The USPS® Zone Charts Matrix helps you apply the proper postage rates to a mail piece.
Postage rates for zoned mail are calculated based on:
- mail piece weight and
- the distance the mail piece travels
The matrix determines the distance a mail piece travels based on the first three digits of:
- the ZIP Code™ you are mailing from (origination) and
- the ZIP Code you are mailing to (destination)
June 23, 2019
First-Class Mail International®
- First Class Mail International - Large Envelope (Flat) will no longer support mail pieces over 15.994 oz. This change eliminates the need for customs declaration forms with FCMI.
Dimensional (DIM) Weight Pricing Changes:
- DIM weight pricing has been added to Priority Mail zones Local and 1-4. It formerly only applied to zones 5 through 9; it now applies to all zones Local and 1 through 9.
- DIM weight pricing has been added to Priority Mail Express® - All zones. Formerly, Priority Mail Express did not have dimensional weight.
- DIM weight pricing has been added to Parcel Select - All zones. Formerly, Parcel Select did not have dimensional weight.
Note: DIM weight changes will not affect the current oversize pricing for Parcel Select, which will still apply.
- DIM weight divisor has been reduced from 194 to 166. This will increase the calculated dimensional weight and price for packages that qualify for dimensional weight pricing.
- For more information: 2019 Dimensional Weight Pricing Changes.
January 27, 2019
USPS® pricing updates for First-Class Mail and Shipping Services
- First-Class Mail® Forever® stamp from 50 cents to 55 cents
- First-Class Metered Letters from 47 cents to 50 cents
5¢ savings over stamps
- Additional ounces for First-Class letters decreases from 21¢ to 15¢
- View details at Rate Change Central.
Printable Rate Chart - USPS Summary of Rates & Pricing - January 2019
- Domestic Quick Reference Guide and Flat Rates for Domestic
- Quick Reference for International Prices and International Flats.
- USPS changes (January 27, 2019) affect the operation of your meter - Learn more.
- Get Meter Update Instructions.
- Verify your meter rates with our Confirmation Tool.
- Understanding Postal ZIP Zones and Zone Charts
- Domestic Zone Chart (online tool)
- 2019 USPS postage rate prices - Notice 123
- Guide to Office Shipping
USPS® Service Alerts
Stay informed about postage mailing disruptions or suspension to domestic and/or international mail due to weather or natural disasters and events: USPS Service Alerts.