Sending post using Special Delivery rates on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P
If you use Special Delivery rates, your franking machine now prints a tracking barcode directly onto the mailpiece. You can then track your mail via the Royal Mail website.
There are three ways you can print Special Delivery rates:
- Using Run Mail on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P.
- Using PitneyShip Pro on your computer.
- Printing a shipping label on the Connect+ Series, SendPro P, if available on your franking machine.
You can obtain the tracking numbers printed by:
- Viewing or emailing a report on your franking machine.
- You can also generate a report by using Inview™ within Your Account on your computer.
- Printing a receipt when franking mail.
Uploading postal records
You must upload the records if you want to view the tracking numbers in Inview or an account report. There are five ways to upload the records:
- Select Meter Information within the Funds option on the Home screen.
- Select Manage Accounts from the Home screen.
- Shut down, then restart your franking machine.
- When the sleep timer commences.
- When prompted after franking mail.
- Select Run Mail from the Home screen.
- Select Class.
- Select Back.
- Select Special Delivery.
- Select the Special Delivery class you want:
- 9.00 am (£50 compensation).
- 9.00 am (£1000 compensation).
- 9.00 am (£2500 compensation).
- 1.00 pm (£750 compensation).
- 1.00 pm (£1000 compensation).
- 1.00 pm (£2500 compensation).
- Select either Standard or extra services, if required:
- Consequential Loss compensation.
- Saturday Service.
- Jersey / Guernsey.
- If enabled, you will be prompted to add a customer reference for the mailpiece. For example, you can add a recipients postcode as the reference which you can view within Manage Accounts and Inview. See Enabling or disabling a Customer reference for Special Delivery and Signed For mail.
- Select OK until you return to the Run Mail screen.
- Press either Start to print on an envelope, or Tape to print a label.
- If enabled, you will be prompted to print a receipt on a tape. See Enabling or disabling Auto Receipt prompts.
- The franking machine prompts if you want to upload the records. Select Yes, upload now or No, upload later. Important: You must upload the records if you want to view the tracking numbers in Inview or an account report.
Sign in to PitneyShip Pro if you already use PitneyShip Pro for shipping.
Sign up for PitneyShip Pro if you do not use it currently.
UPDATED: 23 October 2023