Cancelling and Returning Equipment

Information on how to request to cancel a contract and how to return a machine. Also, learn how to apply for a refund of unused postage once a contract has been cancelled.

Follow these steps to cancel a contract and return a meter to Pitney Bowes. Unused postage is refunded to your postage account after cancellation and return.

1. Request Cancellation

To request termination of a contract create a case through your online portal. A case number will be displayed and confirmed via email. Your case will be assigned to a team that will assist with your request and inform you of the next steps.  

2. Return a Meter 

  1. Once a cancellation is finalised a member of the team assigned to your request will provide a link to a UPS returns portal via email.
    • Some equipment may require a Pitney Bowes engineer to attend site to complete the return of the machine, this will be advised once the cancellation has been completed. 
  2. Follow the steps on the left side of the returns portal to process the return of a meter. 
If the final cancellation email has not been received or further assistance is required with a collection you can create a case. For updates on booked return orders contact UPS directly on 0845 1610015.

Refund unused postage

Funds withdrawn from your meter will be returned to your Purchase Power or PrePay account: See Unused Postage Refunds.

UPDATED: 14 December 2023