Installing the mailstation and mailstation2
Learn how to install your mailstation and mailstation2.
Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™
Follow these steps to install your mailstation™ or mailstation2™:
Step 1: Check the contents when you unpack your boxWhen you unpack your box, check the contents against the items listed in your Quick Install Guide.
Step 2: Connect your meter to a power source
- Plug the power adapter into the back of the meter and into an electrical outlet.
- When the meter asks if you have an internet connection, press Enter/Yes.
Step 3: Choose "Wired" or "Wireless" as your connection type
- Wired (LAN) - requires an internet jack and a power outlet
- Wireless (WIFI) - requires access to a wireless network and a power outlet
Step 4: Select and follow the instructions for your connection method
- SmartLink - Connect using SmartLink™ for wired (LAN) and wireless (WiFi) network connections. (Use SmartLink™ as your preferred connection method)
- PC Meter Connect - Connect using PC Meter Connect
- Communication Device - Connect using a Communication Device for wired (LAN) and wireless (WIFI) network connections
Step 5: Install your scale
- Place the scale on the meter.
- Attach the scale cable to the back of the meter.
- Tighten the thumb screws.
Step 6: Install your ink cartridge:
- Press Enter when you see Add ink cartridge. Continue-Press Enter on the meter screen.
- Lift the cover of your meter and open the ink cartridge latch by pressing down on the unlock symbol.
- Remove the plastic blank cartridge and discard it.
- Find the included ink cartridge and remove the silver foil strip from the bottom.
- Install the ink cartridge into your meter, then press the top of the cartridge latch down to lock it.
- Close the cover and press Enter.
- Press Enter after two minutes when the meter asks if the ink cartridge has been installed.
Step 7: Create a test print
- When prompted, insert a spare envelope or tape sheet for a test print.
- Insert the tape or envelope against the rear and side walls to print correctly. The system detects it and automatically begins printing.
- The test print appears in red ink. If the test print is good (if there are no missing or broken lines), press Yes.
Step 8: Add postageEnsure that you create and add funds to your postage account. Load funds to your meter from your postage account. In order to add postage to your meter, you must have funds available in your Reserve Account or USPS® prepaid account, or be using Purchase Power®. For more information, see Paying for Postage.
- When connected, view the amount of prepaid funds and credit available in your postage account. These funds are in your account, not on the meter, and include your initial deposit.
- Press Enter. Your meter connects to the data server and checks your postage account balance.
- Enter the amount of postage you wish to add to your meter and press Enter.
- Press Enter to confirm the amount.
- Your meter automatically updates within a few minutes. Once the update completes, your meter is ready for use.
- Get an error while connecting your meter? See Resolve connection errors and messages on the mailstation and mailstation2.
- Resolve connection issues with PC Meter Connect
- Resolve scale not weighing correctly
- Need help withdrawing funds from your old meter? See Returning a meter for instructions.
- Get help withdrawing funds from your old meter and transferring the funds to a SendPro Mailstation
UPDATED: August 14, 2021