You can create a USPS, UPS or FedEx shipping label from the Print Shipping Label button or from within the Address Book (refer to Creating a label from an address ).
This procedure walks you through the process of creating the label starting from the Recipient screen. It breaks the process of selecting a recipient, providing shipping details and choosing carrier-specific services into several steps. Once you provide the information in one section, select the down arrow on the right side of the screen to proceed to the next section. To go back to a previous screen, select the up arrow on the right side of the screen. As you create the label, your progress displays along the bottom of the screen.
The overall process for creating and printing a label is the same for all carriers, although you will notice some variation in packaging sizes and services offered.
- Select the Print Shipping Label button. Select the appropriate carrier. This opens the Recipient screen.
- If you are using Cost Accounts you need to assign a cost account for this label. Select the down arrow in the Cost Account section at the top of the screen and choose the account. For more information on setting up Cost Accounts, refer to Enabling cost accounts .
Enter the recipient's address using one of two methods:
- Type in the recipient's address in the fields provided. SendPro® supports "typeahead" so that if the name or part of the name is already in the address book, it will display the matching address(es).
- Select the Choose from Address Book icon . You can scroll through the list of addresses or select a search option (search by full name, street etc.) by selecting the down arrow in front of the search field. If you select an international address, the State and ZIP Code fields change to Province and Postal Code.
To automatically email the tracking number to recipients or senders (or both) when you print the shipping label, check the check box in front of Email the tracking number. For information on the setting up the automatic email notification options, refer to Managing your email notifications.
- Enter the email address in the field provided. To add more than one email, press the Enter key after each address. The email address is labeled as either sender or recipient.
- Select the down arrow on the right side of the screen to continue and to verify the USPS address. This ensures your address is recognized by the USPS. For more information, refer to Verifying a USPS address.
At the Package Type screen, enter the shipping package information. Select Continue and enter the shipping package information in the Choose Your Packaging screen.
- Each carrier provides a list of carrier-specific packages (flat-rate envelopes or boxes) from which you can choose. To view the dimensions and maximum allowable weight for each of these packages, position the cursor over the package.
- You can also choose to use your own envelopes or boxes in which case you are prompted to select the package type (box, envelope, or irregular packaging) and enter the dimensions and the weight. Refer to Using your own packaging for shipments.
- If you are creating an international or military shipping label, you will be prompted to enter the required customs information in the Provide Customs DetailsCustoms screen. You will need to identify the type of items (for example, gifts, documents, returned goods etc.) and provide detailed descriptions of all the items contained in your shipment. This includes where it's made, the cost, weight and total value. The exact requirements will depend on the carrier.
At the Services screen, select the carrier shipping service. Select Continue. Use the Choose Your Service screen to select the carrier shipping service. Depending on the package type and the carrier service, you can also select a variety of additional special services.
- When you finish selecting the shipping services and options, the total cost for the shipping label is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- For the USPS carrier, if the total cost of the label exceeds your available postage funds, the Refil lAdd Postage screen displays so that you can add more funds to your account. Refer to Adding postage to your SendPro Shipping Account.
Select the Print button at the bottom of the screen directly under the Total Cost. This opens his opens the Label Options screen which allows you to define how you want to print the label. Refer to How to print a shipping label.
- Depending on the service, you may be prompted to enter the Sender and Recipient's phone number. Enter the numbers and click Continue to open the Label Options screen.
- To create a new label, repeat these steps.
UPDATED: March 01, 2021