Clearing "Ink Out" or "Ink tank not installed" message on the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+
Replace an empty ink cartridge. Also, remove the ink cartridge and printhead and check the gold pins underneath are not bent if you see the message "Ink Out" or "Ink tank not installed.
Products affected: SendPro® C, SendPro®+ (2H00, 8H00)
Your device displays the "Ink Out" or "Ink tank not installed" message.
- The ink cartridge is empty.
- Damaged ink cartridge connector pins.
- Dirt on the printhead or the printhead is faulty.
Solution 1 - Device is out of ink
- Install a new ink cartridge.
- Print a test pattern.
- If the lines are unbroken and match the "Good" test pattern, tap the Home icon to return to the Home screen.
- Tap Envelope Printing and if you are still getting the Ink Out error message, proceed to step 4.
- Remove the ink cartridge.
- Examine the 7 gold pins where the ink cartridge engages:
- If the pins look ok, proceed to step 7. If any pins look bent or broken, please use the Contact Us options below for further assistance.
- Remove and clean the printhead.
- After you have re-inserted your printhead and ink cartridge, reboot your device:
- Unplug the power cable. The screen should turn off after 10 seconds.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord directly back into a wall outlet. Check that the wall outlet is working correctly.
- Quickly tap and release the power button to turn the meter back on.
UPDATED: January 11, 2022